Friday, April 8, 2011

Clink

by Kelly DiPucchio, illustrated by Matthew Myers

Clink was a state-of-the-art robot with the dazzling ability to make toast and play music at the same time. But that was many years ago. (Read the full description here.)

I saw this book trailer posted on Facebook and it blew me away:



Matthew Myers' ability to make inanimate objects look human reminds me of Loren Long’s depiction of Otis. Remember that poor little tractor being parked behind the barn? Putt puff puttedy chuff. Oh, how we sympathized with his plight:



And now I’m very worried about Clink. What will become of his rusty dusty parts? I must pick up this title and see how he fares:



Kelly DiPucchio is the author of Dinosnores, What’s the Magic Word?, and Alfred Zector, Book Collector.

Matthew Myers has two more books coming out soon: Tyrannosaurus Dad and A is for Muskox.

No comments: