Saturday, February 12, 2011

Suprise Package!

First, I’m sending a huge thank you to David Franklin for helping me troubleshoot the YouTube video situation. The screen was getting cut off on the right side of this blog for the past several months, but now I’m able to successfully load book trailers again. David Franklin is the talented artist who made the Where’s Walrus? video for author and illustrator Stephen Savage—they are two very nice fellows. Cheers!

And speaking of generous and talented people…

I also want to thank children’s book author Tara Lazar and Simon & Schuster editor Alyson Heller. My PiBoIdMo prize arrived the other day:


WOOT!



Louise the Big Cheese by Elise Primavera
Illustrations by Diane Goode


"Dream big" is Louise the Big Cheese's motto. But try though she might, she's just plain old Louise, no Cheese. (Read the full description here.)

Every little girl should own a copy of this book. There is so much to explore on each page. The artwork is absolutely amazing, and I actually love this character more than Eloise! (Maybe I should be whispering that.) View the interior spreads and listen to an interview with Elise Primavera and Diane Goode on the Simon & Schuster website. Click here.


Now, I've got to pick up a copy of Louise the Big Cheese and the La-di-da Shoes. Happy reading!

2 comments:

Rena said...

Looks like a great book! Congratulations on winning it.

BTW -- how did you get your videos to go on straight? Mine have been doing that, too.

Kimberly Lynn said...

Thanks, Rena!

I'll send you an email on how to fix the video situation. I'm actually having a lot of problems with Blogger lately.