Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Pinkalicious Christmas

"Almost all words do have color and nothing is more pleasant than to utter a pink word and see someone's eyes light up and know it is a pink word for him or her too." ~Gladys Taber

LOL!

Pink isn’t exactly a traditional color for Christmas, but it looks quite dramatic sitting on a shelf in my library. This was a present from my daughter:

Pinkalicious
By Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann



Pink, pink, pink. More than anything, Pinkalicious loves pink, especially pink cupcakes. Her parents warn her not to eat too many of them, but when Pinkalicious does . . . she turns pink! What to do?

She also gave me this Junie B. Jones doll:


Junie B., First Grader One-Man Band

Written by Barbara Park
Illustrations by Denise Brunkus



Note: Did you know that Denise Brunkus also illustrated Sloppy Joe by Dave Keane?

SLOPPY JOE by Dave Keane
Illustrations by Denise Brunkus

When it comes to being messy, Sloppy Joe is a pro!

(Read the full description here.)



And one last gift I'd like to share...

My son gave me a Sesame Street cookbook and an adorable snowman made out of yarn:


(They know me well.)


Here's hoping you had a Pinkalicious Christmas too!

4 comments:

Rena said...

WONDERFUL!

Kimberly Lynn said...

Hope yours was awesome too, Rena!

Emily McClure said...

I was wondering where she found the Junie B. Jones doll. I'm trying to find one for my daughter for Christmas. Any help would be great. Thanks! God bless!
Emily
http://www.raisingstickyhands.com

Kimberly Lynn said...

Hi Emily,

Thanks for stopping by! =)

I purchased mine from MerryMakers, but they don’t have it listed on their products page. I did find a couple of different versions of the Junie B. Jones doll on the Barnes & Noble website:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/junie-b-jones-doll?store=allproducts&keyword=junie+b.+jones+doll

Here are the companies that I usually purchase dolls from. You might try contacting them by email:

http://www.merrymakersinc.com/contact.html

http://www.castlemerebooks.com/WebStore/Storybook_Characters.html

Also, check with your local independent bookstores and Barnes & Noble. If you don’t see them on display, ask if they have them in stock. Many times they pull them off the shelves but hold them in the back. If all else fails, there's probably someone selling them on eBay.

Happy Holidays!