Friday, December 3, 2010

Carrying on a Legacy

Companion Books Part III

I’ve been highlighting picture book series over the last week, so let’s take a look at another one of my favorites. Remember Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans? Each book begins with this familiar line:

"In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines, lived twelve little girls in two straight lines ..."

(Brings back fond memories of my childhood!)

Ludwig Bemelmans passed away in 1962, but the legacy of that brave little French girl lives on thanks to his talented grandson John Bemelmans-Marciano. Check out the latest title in this popular series. It's due to be released this January:


Madeline at the White House
Written and Illustrated by John Bemelmans-Marciano






It looks like John Bemelmans-Marciano might be at the Page & Pallette, Inc. on February 19, 2011. I'm hoping that's what the event post means. I'll try calling them later today to verify. It would be awesome to meet him in person and get my books signed.

(Remember the last time I went to an author signing at this indie?)

I wonder if he’ll sign this one too:

Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Yaya' s Home said...

Don't you jus' love Madeline? Good luck with gettin' your autograph.

~ Yaya

Kimberly Lynn said...

Thanks, Yaya.

The event doesn't look set in stone yet, so I sure hope it takes place. LOL!