Monday, June 14, 2010

June Book Order

There’s been a flurry of activity on the home front, so I haven’t had a chance to blog about my latest book order. I’m still waiting for this particular shipment to arrive, but let’s have a sneak preview:

“Told in Cajun dialect with a distinct bayou flair, this book is perfect for reading aloud.”


Jacques and de Beanstalk

Written by Mike Artell
Illustrations by Jim Harris

(This has got to be hilarious!)


The Django by Levi Pinfold

“In this fictional story inspired by the famous jazz musician Jean "Django" Reinhardt, a young boy named Jean meets a special character called the Django.”

(This is Pinfold's first picture book. Congrats!)


The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry,
and The Big Hungry Bear


By Audrey Wood and Don Wood

“Who likes strawberries? The mouse does. The bear does. But the reader plays the key role.”

(Ordered the Little Mouse Plush Toy too. Cheers!)




The Spider and the Fly

Written by Mary Howitt
Illustrations by Tony DiTerlizzi

"'Will you walk into my parlor,' said the Spider to the Fly..."



(Feels like an eclectic list of titles, but note the gorgeous artwork.)

And now, I must get back to playing the mediator for battling relatives. My daughter's wedding is next month and I can't believe how silly some people can be. See you in the trenches!

No comments: