Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Giggly-Ghoulish Creepers

Giggly-Ghoulish Creepers is a term I use for stories that tickle my funny bone with characters that are typically associated with horror flicks.

Confession…

I frequently haunt new releases in search of picture books that embody the sinister makeup of Dracula or Frankenstein then mix it with the humorous likes of Herman Munster and his dastardly blue collar antics.

Vunce Upon A Time by J.otto Seibold and Siobhan Vivian is a fine, fine example of what I’m referring to. You can read a post about it here. Anyway, I’m always on the lookout for books like this and now there’s a new one on the horizon:

Written by Pamela Jane
Illustrations by Pedro Rodriguez

(Available August 12, 2009)

4 comments:

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

Zeb said...

haha!!! :) the title of this post is really funny!!! LOL!!! I couldn't help laughing happily! :) Thanks! :)

Kimberly Lynn said...

Glad you enjoyed it. Looks like a fun book too. Cheers!

Clara Gillow Clark said...

I see we have a VAMPIRE in common! Garlic, anyone?