Friday, May 7, 2010

Hot Diggity Dog!

There’s a new picture book about the history of hot dogs…

But first, do you like yours with or without mustard?

I serve mine smothered with raw onions and a monster helping of coleslaw. I’ve never thought about the history of this curious creation, but hot dogs were always on the menu back when our kids played baseball. We also spent a good portion of our time preparing them in the concession stands. American families love them and now a new course has been added to the meal. I’m hungry already:

Hot Diggity Dog: The History of the Hot Dog
Written by Adrienne Sylver
Illustrations by Elwood Smith


Adrienne Sylver is a fabulous SCBWI Florida member and volunteer. This is her first picture book and everyone is very excited about it. The retro illustrations by Elwood Smith make me smile. How in the world did he come up with something so clever? This will be a popular title for kids and they'll learn some fascinating facts, too. Cheers!

2 comments:

Rena said...

Looks like a fun book! BTW, I gave you an award on my blog today. :)

Kimberly Lynn said...

Thanks, Rena. I'll go check it out!