Thursday, April 8, 2010

"HeArt of the Story: Janeen Mason's Lively Picture Book Art" by Janeen Mason

The opening reception is today!
22nd Floor Gallery of the Florida Capitol
Tallahassee, FL

(The official show runs April 1, 2010 - July 1, 2010)

Janeen Mason’s one-woman exhibit features the original artwork from ten of her picture books. This exhibit has traveled throughout the state and I'll be checking it out later this month. You should join me!

I’ve known Janeen for several years through the SCBWI Florida Chapter and I’m also a huge fan of her work. Here’s a book that I recently purchased:

For Baby (For Bobbie) by John Denver
Illustrations by Janeen Mason

(Do you remember the song?)

And here's another picture book in my collection:


OCEAN COMMOTION: Sea Turtles

Written and Illustrated by Janeen Mason


Janeen also leads illustrator intensives for the SCBWI Florida Chapter, and I attended one of them back in 2007. It was fantastic! You can read the article I wrote about it here.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Raisa said...

That was a cool article... Thanks!

http://mysocalledfeudallife.blogspot.com/

Kimberly Lynn said...

Thanks, Raisa!