Saturday, December 5, 2009

December Marketing Research

I raised a few eyebrows at Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million on Friday. I carried my camera throughout each store and took lots of pictures. It was suspicious behavior for a shopper, but I had to see which books were being featured this holiday season...

My focus was on picture books, but you’ll see a few other genres in the mix. Here’s the Christmas rundown. First stop, Books-A-Million:



Spotlight:

Merry Christmas, Splat by Rob Scotton
(Russell's Christmas Magic is another great book by this author.)


A Christmas Carol by Brett Helquist

Love it!



Spotlight:

The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg

Santa Claus by Rod Green
(Secret info about Santa, flaps, fold-outs, and memorabilia.)



Spotlight:

That's Good! That's Bad! on Santa's Journey
Margery Cuyler; illustrations by Michael Garland


(Michael Garland is a favorite!)


More fun books!

And one aisle over, I picked up this catchy title:

Feliz Navidad
Jose Feliciano; illustrations by David Diaz

Remember the song?

Stay tuned for Part II...

1 comment:

ateliesilvio.blogspot.com said...

Parabéns