Thursday, November 19, 2009

Countdown

Holy jar of mashed bananas!

My first grandchild is due next month and the countdown is in full swing...

I threw a baby shower for my daughter earlier this month to celebrate. We had a great time planning it, and I made lots of fun decorations. The nursery theme is elephants, so I included one of my favorite picture book quotes. It was posted on a welcome sign by the door:

"A person's a person, no matter how small."—Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who

Here are a few snapshots of everything before the event got underway:

The diaper cake was adorable!
(What a job, though.)


Here's the nursery. See the elephants?


I wrapped plastic silverware in paper napkins.
(The polka dot container is in the nursery now.)

Fancy and no mess to clean up!


We ordered the cake.
(The bakery did a fantastic job!)



I filled several buckets with goodies.



And this banner was displayed on a wall in the dining room.
(I designed it on the computer and laced the printouts with ribbon.)



I also made these favor boxes and filled them with Hershey Kisses.
(Cookies and Cream!)

Phew.


Fifty of them!


Here's a picture of Crissy and me at the shower.
(I think we have the same nose and chin.)

3 more weeks!

2 comments:

Pascale said...

Wow Kim, what a beautiful job you did!! Lucky little grandchild to have you as a grandma =)

Kimberly Lynn said...

Thanks, Pascale. Looking forward to seeing you in January!