Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Breath of Fresh Air

Creature ABC by Andrew Zuckerman

I’ve seen tons of alphabet books on the market but none as beautiful as Creature ABC by Andrew Zuckerman . . .

I took a chance on ordering this one because I’m not usually a fan of photography in picture books. It tends to remind me of grade school reference material. However, this work of art is exceptional. There are two spreads for each letter, and the striking photos and bold print are a sharp contrast to the white background. Imagine viewing this from a child’s perspective! I also enjoyed reading the animal glossary at the end. What a great teaching tool! Don’t take my word for it, though. Read what Elizabeth Bird had to say about it on the Fuse #8 blog.


Add this book to your back-to-school shopping list.

No comments: