Friday, May 22, 2009

Practice makes Perfect!

It has taken me months and several drafts to get back into the swing of illustrating. I was so busy last year with other projects that I kind of neglected this skill. One should never step away from something for too long:

“Practice what you know, and it will help to make clear what now you do not know.” ~ Rembrandt.

That’s for sure! Based on a few of my recent spreads, I clearly need to get a better handle on perspective. I bought a reference book the other day that I’m sure will help me in this area. I also picked up another necessity:

He was the last one!

2 comments:

adamski said...

Wow he is so cool..... I also like the Dr.Seuss books from my I was little ha ha.

Kimberly Lynn said...

I let each of my students make a Lorax one year. We used paper bags and yellow yarn. It was a ton of fun.

Thanks for stopping by, Adam!